@ Brisbane Quantum Healing Center
Sissy Taufika is a Nutritional Physiotherapist who offers a cutting-edge blend of physiotherapy, nutritional medicine and holistic wellbeing.
- Sporting injuries and acute & chronic pain conditions
- Complex and long-standing biomechanical & postural dysfunction and skeletal imbalances
- Return to sport/work rehabilitation following upper and lower limb surgery
- Elite & young athlete development & injury prevention
- Core conditioning for pelvic floor dysfunction, low back pain
- High performance corrective exercise
- Stress and lifestyle related weight gain, fatigue, digestive issues and general deconditioning
How Do I Help?
- One-on-one, hands-on 45-60 minute consultations
- Comprehensive whole body & lifestyle assessment
- Customised rehab & high performance exercises designed to suit your goals and what you enjoy
- Fully integrated progression into higher level activity, be it elite sport, weekend warrior or work-life balance
- Nutritional advice to support lifestyle related conditions, high performance and sport nutrition, stress, optimal recovery
- Advanced Breathing Mechanics & Postural Biomechanics
- Dry Needling/Western Acupuncture
- ELDOA Method Levels 1 and 2 – Including Myofascial stretching (classes coming soon!)
- Clinical Pilates: Matwork, Reformer, Ball & Circle
- Hydrotherapy: Paediatric, Adult, Orthopaedic & Geriatric
- C.H.E.K Practitioner (Level 1) & Exercise Coach
- C.H.E.K Holistic Life Coach Level 2
- C.H.E.K Scientific Core Conditioning
- C.H.E.K Scientific Back Training
- C.H.E.K Advanced Program Design
- APA Sports Level 1
- Lyn Watson Shoulder Level 1
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) Approach to Proximal and Distal Function
- Neurodevelopmental Theory (NDT) and Sensory Integration & Play
- Current First Aid & CPR
- Advance Diploma in Nutritional Medicine (due for completion end 2016)
So, who's Sissy? And why should I come see her?
The boring stuff:
- Graduated from Bachelor of Physiotherapy with Honours in 2010- University of Queensland
- C.H.E.K Practitioner (Level 1)
- C.H.E.K Holistic Life Coach (Level 2) – Both studied under world-renowned kinesiologist & corrective high performance specialist Paul Chek
- Midway through Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine
- Qualified Clinical Pilates Instructor- Reformer and Matwork
- Certified ELDOA Level 1 and 2 and Myofascial Stretching (MFS) Instructor
- Trained in: Advanced Breathing & Postural Biomechanics, Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF), Sensory-Motor Integration, Paediatric & Adult Hydrotherapy, Early Intervention & Developmental Paediatrics
- Extensive experience working in disability sport – amateur & elite sporting athletes
Sissy’s qualifications allow her to integrate evidenced based science, exercise, diet and lifestyle factors in her diagnosis and treatment to offer a complete and truly more effective solution to your pain and issues.
The more interesting stuff:
Sissy is fluent in German, speaks Indonesian with a bogan Aussie accent and loves to bake. She is most definitely a study geek slash fit-girl and loves deadlifting as much as she does having a day in with a textbook and an organic coffee. Her favourite gelato flavour is hazelnut, she considers both Melbourne and Brisbane home and she takes a mean food pic (all photos on the website were made, eaten and photographed by Sissy). You can read more about her here and check out her creations and meals around town here.
Our Values or 'The Pillars on Which We Stand'
* It starts HERE: First and foremost, we strive to be the best examples of vital, optimal health and of living at your absolute potential. Being able to help others effectively depends on how well we are able to help ourselves; we cannot ‘give from an empty vessel’ and we teach by leading by example.
* Success is exceptional treatment + education = empowerment & lifelong change: We believe in empowering our clients with premium quality treatment, supportive & positive coaching and well-researched & up to date knowledge so they can gain true independence and reach their full potential.
* Enjoy the ride: Having joy and fun on this crazy life journey is essential, otherwise there’s no point in doing it! From what we eat, do and how we move, to our clients’ experience with us; if they’re/we’re not enjoying our time then what we’re doing may not be the best for them and we need to be able to modify, adapt or help them find something, or someone, that is. Energy & thoughts beget physiology and physical body, and we want awesome happy bodies not crappy, unhappy ones.
* Do your best, always: We give 110% of our focus & attention in each session; we strive to make each client feel like they are our only client for the time they are with us, and we commit to making each session the BEST session we could give.
*The sum is always greater than its parts: We take into account the whole person as a unique and special individual who exists in a wider world outside of just their body because this is paramount to providing a truly holistic approach to wellbeing & performance. This is true patient-centred care, versus a disease-focused approach to treatment.
* Your brain controls everything: A positive growth mindset and changing the way we talk, treat and view ourselves is key to changing our health permanently; change requires action but it all starts with our mind!
*Active participation not passive acceptance: We build therapeutic partnerships with our clients that empower them to take ownership of their own healing; this is based on the idea that “patients who are active participants in the development of their therapeutic plan feel more in control of their own well-being and are more likely to make sustained lifestyle changes to improve their health”
*It’s all about balance: We help our clients to find a dynamic balance between internal and external body, mind and spirit, where spirit = their motivation, greatest dreams, goals and desires. We seek to achieve this balance within our own lives, demonstrating that work-life balance is more than just a clichéd whimsy.
* If you do it, it will come: We guarantee our clients will achieve vital, magnificent lifelong health and their ‘absolute potential’ if they follow; commitment and action on their part, and an exceptional desire to always do our best for our clients can only bring success.
*A healthy world for a healthy future: We believe in sustainable practice, leaving as small a footprint as possible, caring about the environment around us and considering what we are leaving behind for our children and our children’s children. A belief in a shared universal collective guides us to choose organic, green, fairtrade, home-made, local-grown and eco-friendly whenever possible, because we are conscious that we are not the only ones who have, and will, tread on this beautiful planet.
Nutrition & Life Coaching
Movement & Exercise
Paediatrics & Disability
Sissy Taufika's Testimonials
Are you a elite athlete? Then Sissy should be your go to physio!
Sissy has been helping me maintain a high level of fitness and conditioning for a number of years and through different stages of my career as an athlete with a disability. Every one of her treatments from conventional physio and massage to dry needling and dietary advice has had a positive impact on my performance and overall health and wellbeing in some way. I can’t recommend her highly enough.
– Ben, Greenslopes
Sissy is AMAZING!!! She has done great work with my two daughters that have autism.
Sissy is AMAZING!!! She has done great work with my two daughters that have autism. Also my other daughter who does ballet – Sissy has helped her work through her injuries. Sissy is brilliant at explaining things to children and is very patient. I highly recommend her to everyone I know.
– Courtney, M., Boronia Heights, QLD
Sissy helped arm us with the tools we needed to make each day a positive move in the right direction.
Sissy worked with us and our beautiful son Dominic. He has had challenges since birth and meeting Sissy and working with her through his early years was a blessing. He is so determined and driven and strives to do well every day. She helped arm us with the tools we needed to make each day a positive move in the right direction. We love you Sissy.
– Amanda, K, Daisy Hill, QLD
Where would I be without Sissy? Such an incredible physio!
Where would I be without Sissy? Such an incredible physio, not only because of her wonderful ability to make my pain go away, but her unique holistic, caring, and carefully considered approach. Sissy takes the whole person into account, and this has made such a big difference for me in the management of chronic pain, improving my strength and overall health and wellbeing. With Sissy it is not just about managing pain in isolation, it is about quality of life, respecting your body and working towards real goals. I cannot recommend her highly enough. I think everyone would benefit from seeing her!
– Tess, Teneriffe
I can highly recommend Sissy for cerebral palsy!
I can highly recommend Sissy. She helped my son with severe cerebral palsy with his exercises at hydrotherapy. She was very efficient and helped improve his muscle strength and flexibility etc. She is also very friendly and lots of fun to be around.
– Pauline, Mount Gravatt
I am so thankful for Sissy, she is amazing and should be your go to physio!!
This woman is amazing! Sissy helped me recover from a hip injury from ballet! I’m back to dancing and next year I’m taking 9 classes per week, helping out teaching special needs kids and teens hip hop and I was accepted into the mass ensemble of Hairspray at the Brisbane convention centre. All thanks to this beautiful woman! I am so thankful for Sissy, she is amazing and should be your go to physio! She inspires me. Thank you Sissy!
– Jade, Boronia Heights
I would like to recommend Sissy to anyone who has any health problems.
Towards the end of 2015 I was having neck and back problems due to poor posture and stress. I contacted Sissy and made an appointment to see her. I had relief from the pain in my neck and back after one visit. Sissy wrote up an exercise program for me to follow to help me strengthen my weak body. There were so many things that I could not do for example –
- Open a water bottle that I had bought from the shop
- Open glass jars
- Cut up a whole pumpkin
- Carry heavy grocery bags from the car to inside our home
- Lift our grandchild
- Help with mowing our grass
- Walk our dog
The list goes on but you get the idea. After a month of doing my program I was noticing my strength increasing. I have kept up with regular visits to Sissy so she could check how I was going and to challenge me even more with harder exercises.
Three months later, I am now doing all the things that I could not do. I am so happy, my body has responded so well from the exercise program that I am going to set a new goal and that is to be able to jog. With me turning 60 this year, I am determined to keep my strength and fitness as it has given me so much more confidence in every aspect of my life.
My husband has now booked into see Sissy. I would like to recommend Sissy to anyone who has any health problems. You will soon be better and stronger too, don’t hesitate just do it
– Wendy, Brisbane